Passport Renewal for Minor
Requirements for Children Under Age 16:
Both Parent must appears at the Passport Acceptance Facility to sign the application for the minor.
One parent appears,sign and submit second parent's notarized Form DS-3053,Statement of Consent:
Issuance of a Passport to a Minor under Age 16,authorizing passport issuance for the child or submits a notarized,written statement of consent from the non-appearing parent(including the child name and date of birth,as well as parent's identification information or a copy of his/her ID)authorizing passport
issuance for a child
One parent appears,sign,and submit primany evidence of sole authority to apply (one of the following)
Child's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent, or
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only applying parent, or
Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order), or
Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent), or
Court order specifically permitting applying parent's, or
Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent, or
Death certificate of non-applying parent.
Step 1: Gather and Prepare U.S Passport Application Document
1.Completed Application DS-11 form online (No handwritten form)
Please click on the link at the bottom of this section to complete, and create your passport application (DS-11) online. After you fill out the form online, you will see at the bottom of the page a button that says "Create Form", please click the "Create Form" button, and your application form (DS-11) will appear completed on your screen. Please note: passport agency doesn't accept handwriting application form, all applications has to be created online only.
1. Please print two copies of the completed application form (DS-11).
2. Do not print the form on double sided pages.
3. Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to during Authorization.
4. After filling out and printing the form close the window to return to your passport instructions.
If the child have was never issued a social security number,please submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury to that effect.Click here
Click here to completed and create your application form (DS-11) online.
2.Proof of U.S Citizenship (one of the following document)
1.A certified U.S Birth Certificate and Expired U.S Passport
3.Two identical passport photographs
Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance. Must be official passport-type only and approximately 2" x 2" with a clear background. The photo must be in color. Do not wear a hat, glasses or any item that covers the face.Face forward only, no side shots or profiles will be accepted. Homemade Digital Photographs are not acceptable.
4.Proof of Parent's Identification
1.State issue ID
2.State issued driver license
3.Military I.D bearing a photo
4.U.S Passport or Foreign Passport
5.Proof of Departure 14 days or Less
Please provide one of the following items if you have one:
1.A copy of your air plane ticket or
2.A copy of your itinerary from the travel agent or airline or
3.If you do not have a ticket or itinerary please Click here
6.Letter of Authorization
Please complete and print out two copies of Authorization Letter. This letter will authorize our company to submit and obtain the new passport on your behalf. Completed Letter Authorization
Processing Time & Fee
1.U.S. Government Fees
Make one check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of State" (this is the government processing fee).
Passport Book: $140.00
Passport Book and Passport Card: $170.00
1. Write applicant's full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
2. All personal checks must show a printed address.
3. Do not cross out and rewrite any information on the check.
4. Temporary or starter check is not acceptable.
Make the second check or money order in the amount of $35 payable to the Post Office or Court house
which you visit
2.Processing time & Services Fee:
* 3 to 5 business day processing $150.00
* 2- business day processing $250.00
* 24-Hour processing $350.00 (Must call in advance)
Click here to completely fill-out order form.You will be asked to input your personal information and payment information.
Step 2 Get Your Application Authorized
All minor must have there application authorized by local government officials called Acceptance Agents(AA).Bring all of the list above to a Passport Acceptance Facility Click here and notify the agent using an expediting services to "hand carry" your application.As stated,please present all the above listed items to the Acceptance Agent for approval.
Parents will then sign the passport application form in the presense of the Acceptance Agent who will witness your signature and select the follow items from the above list to place in an envelope.
1.Application form (DS-11)
2.Two Passport size photo
3.Proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate & Expired Passport)
4.Two copies of the Authorization form letter
5.Proof of departure
6.Payment to "U.S Dept of State "
Note: Do not seal the payment to Aml Passport & Visa Service or the Order Form
Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalid.Important:Make sure the agent return the sealed envelope to you.If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope ,suggest that he/she refer to page 31 or 44 of their Passport Agent's Manuel "Hand -carrying of Executed Application".
Step 3.Ship Document to Aml Passport & Visa Services
1.The Government seal envelope from the Acceptance Agent
2.Extra copy of your application form (DS-11)
3.Payment to Aml Passport & Visa Services
5.One copy of the Authorization Form (the other copy will be inside the seal envelope )
Aml Passport & Visa Services
1441 Broadway 6th Floor
New York.NY 10018
Print the following on the outside of the sealed envelope:
a) Full name
b) Date of birth
c) Departure date
d) Contact Tel. No.
Drop-off or mail sealed envelop from Post office via an overnight courier service to the following address:
Aml Passport & Visa Service
1441 Broadway 6th Floor
New York.NY 10018
Call us or email us with your tracking number so that we may be able to monitor your package
Your passport application will be hand carried to the passport office.
When the passport is ready, it will be sent to the address on the address on the “Return Shipping” form.
Please note a street address (not PO Box) and a phone number where you can be reached must be included.
* State Department regulations state that the application (DS-11) has to be submitted within 4-5 days of when it is dated. We need to receive the package the day after your envelope is sealed by the Passport Acceptance Agent. Please use an overnight service.
* It is expressly understood that Aml Passport & Visa Services does not issue passports or visas, therefore can not guarantee applications will be approved or processed within a specific time. Aml Passport & Visa Service accepts no responsibility for errors, omissions, loss of documents or delays caused by local Passport Acceptance Agents, the Passport Agency, Embassies, & Consulates. Aml Passport is also not responsible for delays caused by improper documentation (ie. birth certificate, identification), child support issues, weather problems, or overnight courier services utilized to transport your documents to and from the appropriate agencies.